Remembering and Coexisting in the Eastern Mediterranean
Welcome to Rem-Em, the digital platform for scholars and practitioners interested in Historical Trauma, Human Rights and Pluralism in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- CFP: The Global 1922The Global 1922: New Critical Reflections Location: King’s College London Organizers: Centre for Hellenic Studies and Sir […]
- Multidirectional Memory and Postcolonial Studies – Michael RothbergIn this talk, Michael Rothberg introduces his book Multidirectional Memory: Remembering the Holocaust in the […]
- Conférence Anna Théodoridès : Partir ou rester à PolisA conference in French by Anna Théodoridès concerning Constantinopolitan Rums following the 6th and 7th […]
- Oral History and the Local HistorianThe past has gone, so we can never experience even our own past again, much […]
- Istanbul’da Çoğulculuk7 Mayıs’ta Saat 17:00’da YouTube live üzerinden Mahir Polat ve Laki Vingas’ı İstanbul’da Çoğuculuğu tartışmak […]
Rem-Em is the digital platform of the project Rememberings: Human Rights, Historical Trauma and the Future of Pluralism in Turkey and the Eastern Mediterranean, hosted by the Swedish Institute in Istanbul and funded by the Swedish Institute.
Our aim is to foster increased exchange and collaboration between academia and civil society in the fields of Human Rights and Historical Trauma in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Rememberings has started its activities in the summer of 2020. During the couse of two years, we will organize workshops, summer schools and more for emerging scholars and practitioners in Istanbul and elsewhere.
Please subscribe if you wish to learn more…
“Learning is only a process of recollection.”
― Plato, Meno