Remembering and Coexisting in the Eastern Mediterranean
Welcome to Rem-Em, the digital platform for scholars and practitioners interested in Historical Trauma, Human Rights and Pluralism in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- CfA: 8 Academy in Exile Fellowships in Berlin and EssenAcademy in Exile invites scholars at risk to apply for 24-month fellowships at the Forum […]
- Wherever Life takes YouThe story of Erol Güney, a journalist, interpreter and a romantic traveler, a true citizen […]
- Osmanlı İmparatorluğu ve Türkiye’de ÇoğulculukRememberings‘in ilk Türkçe Sohbetine davetlisiniz… Collège de France’dan Edhem Eldem ve EHESS’ten Hamit Bozarslan kamera […]
- Bella Eskenazi’s StoryRead Reyan Tuvi’s article on Bella, the protagonist of the recently premiered documentary “Bella’s Story”. […]
- A City that REMEMBERSSPACE AND MEMORY FROM TAKSİM TO SULTANAHMET This website offers its visitors an opportunity to […]
Rem-Em is the digital platform of the project Rememberings: Human Rights, Historical Trauma and the Future of Pluralism in Turkey and the Eastern Mediterranean, hosted by the Swedish Institute in Istanbul and funded by the Swedish Institute.
Our aim is to foster increased exchange and collaboration between academia and civil society in the fields of Human Rights and Historical Trauma in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Rememberings has started its activities in the summer of 2020. During the couse of two years, we will organize workshops, summer schools and more for emerging scholars and practitioners in Istanbul and elsewhere.
Please subscribe if you wish to learn more…
“Learning is only a process of recollection.”
― Plato, Meno