Remembering and Coexisting in the Eastern Mediterranean
Welcome to Rem-Em, the digital platform for scholars and practitioners interested in Historical Trauma, Human Rights and Pluralism in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- CfA – Summer SchoolRemembering and Coexisting in Turkey and the Eastern Mediterranean DATE: 25.06.2021 – 11.07.2021 This summer […]
- A discussion on cultural activism and exchanges between neighbors – Osman KavalaSpeaker: Osman Kavala, President Anodolu Kultur, Istanbul Session: Politics of Culture and Friendship Seminar “Exploring […]
- İzmir’de ÇoğulculukRememberings‘in ikinci Türkçe Sohbetine davetlisiniz… Sabancı Üniversitesi öğretim üyesi Leyla Neyzi [“Remembering Smyrna/İzmir: Shared History, […]
- 23.5 Webinar – Memory SitesMemory Sites Workshop, one of the permanent workshops of 23.5 Hrant Dink Site of Memory, continues […]
- “Istanbul Hayali” Documentary“İstanbul Hayali”, Türkiye’nin ilk şehir plancısı olarak anılan, Gezi Parkı’nın, Maçka Demokrasi Parkı’nın, Lütfi Kırdar […]
Rem-Em is the digital platform of the project Rememberings: Human Rights, Historical Trauma and the Future of Pluralism in Turkey and the Eastern Mediterranean, hosted by the Swedish Institute in Istanbul and funded by the Swedish Institute.
Our aim is to foster increased exchange and collaboration between academia and civil society in the fields of Human Rights and Historical Trauma in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Rememberings has started its activities in the summer of 2020. During the couse of two years, we will organize workshops, summer schools and more for emerging scholars and practitioners in Istanbul and elsewhere.
Please subscribe if you wish to learn more…
“Learning is only a process of recollection.”
― Plato, Meno